Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Loneliness

There seems to be a general consensus amongst the excluded, forgotten or simply "just not seen" that loneliness is a "bad" thing. Hell, for a while there myself I agreed. For all those of you who have been denied this condemning affliction, for you, I will explain.

Loneliness is like falling down from a mountain top, face first with blinding rain, scourging sun and numbing coldness...each taking turns leading you down through shards of glass, rolling rocks and needle like spines protruding from beneath as you slip, stumble... grab onto thin air. You lose your sense of direction every time you blink eyes swollen from spent tears. Imagine not being able to speak your words drowned by the endless thoughts and ideas of feeling unloved, unwanted. Scars become permanent. The lines around your eyes war medals for all to see...if only they would care to look.
However, there is light ahead. You are stronger than you think...yes you are. I should know, I surprised myself. And I've always been pretty damn strong. Just remember simple truths: If it's a little bit of mud get a facial...a lot of mud do a complete body treatment. Pick up some of those rocks and throw them (no, not at anyone...yes it sounds good to me too, but stay with me here), kick some together and create a ledge. Shards of glass can cut through binding pain and wearable accessories can be put together with sturdy spines.
I don't have your answers...I barely have my own, but the truth about loneliness is that if you introduce yourself to it the outcome of the relationship is up to you. Chose the depth of your intimacy with care and know that you can always choose away from it.

No comments: